Monday, June 6, 2011

Viaggo Italiano Giorno-Undici -Sistine Chapel & St. Peter's Basilica

Now the Sistine Chapel. You are not allowed to take pictures but I was determined. I came very close to getting kicked out. A guard came over and was trying to look at my camera but I turned it off just before he walked over so he left me alone. By then I had taken most of the photos. I took about 20 and a video. A couple of the 20 are OK. Others are out of focus and/or will need to be Photoshopped. I want to visit again when it is less crowed. It was amazing but would be better if you weren't shoulder to shoulder with people and the guards weren't yelling Silencio in a very loud voice.













I have no idea why this one came out so bright. It was dark in there and no flash was used and my little flash would not fill the room anyway.










I thought I would try and zoom in on some spots. Had no idea what I was zooming into.















Photo count as of this morning was only 1250. Very low I think. But it is now 1750. I took over 500 photos today. And some of in St. Peters Basilica are amazing. St. Peters Basilica I cannot do justice in words. You have to see it in person to believe it.

I sent my friend Jeff a postcard with the light coming in the dome like below. It is amazing that I was able to capture it.











Us rubbing St. Peter's foot. It is estimated that in 100 years the foot will be rubbed away.




















Pope John Paul.








The lettering is 2 meters or over 6 feet tall.












No comments:

Post a Comment