Monday, June 6, 2011

Viaggo Italiano Giorno-Undici -Due

We bought some souvenirs and postcards and Vatican Stamps. I mailed one to Jeff and one to myself from the Vatican post office. Supposedly stamp collectors love the Vatican Stamps and the Vatican post mark.

A couple pictures of the Swiss Guard.









From here we split up. Kandice, Adam, and Bob went to go inside the Coliseum. Andrea, Chris, Steph, Dad and me went to the Spanish Steps again. Chris wanted to shop. I just wanted food. We took 2 taxis. Chris and mine cost 15 and the others 5. I told Chris we were getting ripped because the met was not running.

After we found food Dad and I walked to the Pantheon and then the Forum ruins while the others shopped.

Pantheon.








While taking photos I noticed an attractive lady having her picture taken and decided I need her picture but they already took the picture. But then she didn't like the picture so I I had my chance again. Another guy walking by stopped and took her picture too.






We were suppose to meet at 7:30pm at Spanish Steps but I wanted to take a different way back and we got lost a little. Dad told me but I didn't listen and should have.

Dad has been great on this trip. Everyone thinks he deserves a best traveler award for just going with the flow and never complaining. Never. Parents always say how they are proud of their children but I am proud of my Dad. He walked A LOT on this trip and never complained. Even when he had what we called the Lenz lean after walking all day and his back would hurt but he just kept on going. Amazing Race here we come!

This is my favorite picture of Dad. I think I am going to print and frame it.


I already miss the ringing bells. I captured this high speed shots while we were trying to get back to the Spanish Steps.


















The location of the last supper was changed to be back by Vatican. We found a five person cab and had a great cab ride and tour director.

The waiter took a picture with Uncle Bob's camera so it will have to wait.

3 Prong salute time. This might belong in the miscellaneous you had to be there blog but.... We were talking about not being able to charge Kandice's netbook because it had 3 prongs. Andrea had one that allowed 3 prongs but didn't have any 3 prong devices so I ask "What are you 3 pronging?"As soon as I said it I knew it sounded bad so of course we rolled with it and Kandice came up with the sign / salute. As we were flashing it on the walk back we wondered if in parts of the world it would get us killed or be considered obscene.

Uncle Bob and Auntie Steph were locked out of room when we returned. They locked door but Bob didn't take the key because he didn't lock the door. They did have the key and got it open. BTW-I guess I should have taken pictures of the keys. They were not normal keys. They looked like they were something from the 1600's.

We all went to bed as we had to leave for the airport by 8 am via taxi and it was a 40 minute ride. Sad to end trip but what great trip. Learned a lot about traveling. What to do and not to do. Rick James gives pretty good advice. It was also great to know Kandice and Andrea better. Adam better marry her soon. I want pictures of the bridal party flashing the 3 Prong.

One last event from the night that will end up in the you had to be there blog. Andrea exclaims, "It's our last night. Let's go to a Biblioteca tonight!!!!!"

Caio!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment